February 19, 2013

Week 8: P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday

I don't know how it happened but, about 4 years ago,  I went from hating country music to really enjoying it. Of course, the country music of  today is nothing like the country music my parents might have listened to (they never did) or even the music of the the previous decade. Sure, there are still the old timers hanging on, ie: George Strait, Reba McEntire, Dwight Yoakam, and I guess there are die hard country fans who still listen to them, but I'm a new country convert. I'm not a fan of twang which means that even though I like some of Sugarland's songs, she can get on my last nerve with others. A lot of the guys sound the same so I'm kind of picky about who I listen to. Give me Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Eli Young Band, Kenny Chesney, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean or Chris Young any day.


So turn it on, turn it up and sing along. This is real, this is your life in a song. Yeah this is country music. ~ Brad Paisley





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think.